Join us from the ground up! We are seeking our next group of Cabin Crew Members! The model candidate for this role must be:
- A positive thinker
- Calm under pressure
Are you interested in being a part of the changing skies in Canada and beyond? Are you ready to jump on board to provide exemplary customer service while maintaining the highest safety standards?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
WHO WE ARE:
Lynx Air, Canada’s newest ultra-affordable airline, is on a mission to make air travel accessible for all. With airfares sky-high in Canada, we give value-seeking travellers an affordable, safe, and customer-first flying experience.
Lynx has taken to the skies, piloting our brand-new fleet of Boeing 737 MAX planes to select Canadian destinations. Our mission is to bring safe, affordable, low-cost air travel to millions of Canadians, and we are excited to be building our team that will help us get there!
Backed by significant financial investment from a group of prominent investors, we are poised to change the Canadian airline landscape. Combining the financial strength of our talented partners with the skills and energy of Canadians like you, we can bring the best practices of the aviation industry to Canada!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Preparing the aircraft for customer boarding and ensuring a keen awareness of the service and safety plan for the flight
- Communicating with customers through one-on-one interactions and general intercom announcements in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- Welcoming customers and engaging with them throughout the flight to create a comfortable, friendly environment
- Ensuring mandatory safety procedures are followed
- Liaising with the flight crew (pilots) to ensure a smooth and well-operated flight with excellent customer communications
- Provide inflight snack, meal, and beverage service and the sale of onboard products
- Assisting customers with a variety of needs including carryon baggage stowage, seating arrangements, and general comfort
- Handling onboard incidents and emergencies
- Handling a medical incident or emergency, including providing First Aid as required
- Ensuring the general orderliness of the aircraft
- Ensuring customer feedback is shared with management and taking an active role in helping management operate and evolve the company to provide the best possible customer experience
- Completing and submitting required safety reports
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must hold a valid Canadian Passport
- Possess at least a high school diploma
- Able to obtain a Transport Canada security clearance
- Must be able to reach 201 cm or 79 inches flat-footed with shoes (emergency equipment requirement)
- As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy, all offers of employment for safety-sensitive roles are conditional on passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and background checks
- Live within 90 minutes of Calgary International Airport
- Must successfully complete a 4-week full-time initial training program in Calgary
- Must be available and willing to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year, as scheduled.
- Must be available for reserve shifts
- Must be comfortable working at high altitudes in a pressurized cabin
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces
- Bilingual (an asset)
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Industry competitive salary
- The chance to be part of building something from the ground up. Aggressive growth plans of the organization mean there is no limit to how far you can grow your career with the organization
- An environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Open and collaborative work environment. You bring your great ideas, and we will put them to action
- Comprehensive benefits and HSA
- The opportunity to travel where we fly
We're an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that places value on the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all applicants who meet the requirements for the role to apply.
Interviews will be commencing right away, so don’t hesitate and apply today to be part of Canada’s changing aviation landscape! Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.